Thursday, March 17, 2011

More Koondoola photos

Some of the kids in the music room.

The kids begin their day at the white board with their teacher, Mrs. Snyders (or Mrs. Cotton).

The kids are hiding good-bye cards for me behind their backs.  Cute.
 
I spent a lot of time with this class.  They are in their first year of learning English.
I spent one class period each day with these kids too.  Most of these kids are about 12 years old and are in their second year of learning English.
I spent once a week in the art class which was fun.  Mostly the kids painted a lot, but this day the kids were making paper dolls for a Harmony Day project.




Marie is the wonderful teacher who gave me rides to school every day.  She is originally from Colorado.
June and I (the art teacher - see next blog) formed this sun with a bunch of paper fibre and glue for a Harmony Day prop.  She made the cardboard base under it.

1 comment:

  1. I just love your blog. I haven't looked at it in a long time and I can see you are having a fabulous time. It has felt like spring with temp in the 50s but tomorrow it is back to rain and a mix later in the week. I potted up some plants so it should like spring when you get home.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete