Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bunbury photos

Bunbury is a small town about 2 1/2 hours train ride south of Perth.  I went there to see the wildlife park and swamp reserve, and the wild dolphin center bay where dolphins swim most mornings.  I loved the wildlife park and was thrilled by the number of wild birds in the swamp reserve.  I took about 100 bird photos I think.  Just a few here for you.  The dolphins on the other hand only presented themselves for about 5 seconds.  My heart jumped when I saw them and I left happy that I got a quick look.

I had been thinking that I might move to Bunbury after my Koondoola experience, but I have decided I'd rather stay in the Perth area where there is so much to do.  I'm still following leads on volunteering at a wildlife park, but the park I really wanted to work at doesn't seem to need me so I'm working on plan B and C.


The dolphin board tells when the dolphins have been in the bay in the last few days.

There were some small sea life displays at the dolphin center.  The octopus was cool.
People standing around waiting for dolphins to show themselves.

The B+B where I stayed for one night.


The wildlife park had many different animals in large cages or large fenced in fields.  There is a huge cage where exotic birds are kept and you can go in side the cage with the birds.




The wallabies are so darned cute.
The Big Swamp is just that.  Lots of water, nothing fenced in, and lots and lots of water birds.
At the end of this boardwalk there is an observatory above the water for watching the birds.
Australian pelican and black swan.



Bunbury beach.
I would have liked to swim here but I ran out of time.  It was so hot when I was in Bunbury that I felt kinda sick after being outside all day.  It was a long walk back to the B+B from the Swamp and that was too much.  I ate dinner on a restaurant porch where I took this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment