Tuesday, May 3, 2011

We stayed in Port Douglas, Queensland for a few days. Port Douglas is just a little bit south of the Daintree Rainforest and one of the main hubs for trips to visit the Great Barrier Reef.

At the Port Douglas farmer's market.
We bought a coconut at the farmer's market.  The farmer ground it out, put bananas and honey in it, and we ate it.  Yum.  :)


THE GREAT BARRIER REEF IS AMAZING.  I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW AMAZING IT IS AND PHOTOS DO NOT DO IT JUSTICE!

The Rick fish. :)

We were out in the reefs for most of the day.  Our skipper took us to three different locations.  I took motion sickness medicine so I could survive the day.  The next day I needed a lot of rest.  We were very lucky because the weather was nearly perfect and the winds were low so the ocean was calm for snorkeling.
Parrot fish.

Some kind of soft coral.


Our snorkel boat.

Amazing coral.

Back in Port Douglas.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys are having a great time! So beautiful. The coconut looks delicious!!
    I can't get over how different Uncle Rick looks without a mustache. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for staying with us! xx hazel Lovely pics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandy,
    Yes the coconut was delicious!!

    Hi Hazel!!!,
    Sorry I didn't notice your comment earlier. I'm getting caught up today!

    ReplyDelete